Jotul Castine Burn Time

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've only had my Castine for two weeks and I've just gotten to where I think I know how to use it pretty well. If I load it up at night and close it down about 98 percent or so, I've had some embers left the next morning. I'm still experimenting, but it seems like this stove loves a nice big blanket of glowing coals to keep burning.

I found the daytime solution - have the wife stay home with the sick kid and this thing heats like a bear. If that were only realistic every day.

I don't find the stove finicky at all, just trying to maximize the burn time. It has been pretty consistent this week, especially with the colder temps. I just have to swap this location out with my Olympic and then figure if I want to stick the Castine in my fireplace or in the Den.

Status
Not open for further replies.