jotul castine

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pinetop

Mar 2, 2006
just installed this castine and it works like a champ

Attachments

• wood stove march 13 2006 002.jpg
    wood stove march 13 2006 002.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 1,163
Beautiful installation Pinetop. Looks like your stove has found a real nice home.

That is beautiful. Enjoy.

thanks...originally there was a gas fireplace inset in the rock face rather than tear it out i disabled it and then tore out ashelf hearth and extended it for the stove i've got about 20 ft of chimney including 7 ft. on the outside and it drafts very well we had to go a bit off center to achieve a straight shot in order miss a rafter didn't want any elbows in the install ..which was done by a certified installer.

the dealer i bought the stove from uses excel pipe thats double wall to allow for 8" clearances and naturally he said excel is certainly far superior to any competing brand and being the sucker i am i took it hook line...and sinker

That install looks like it should be in a jotul catalog ... Looks great

Status
Not open for further replies.