Jotul F3 installation question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
One is air control for sure the other may be outside air we really can't say without knowing the model of the fireplace. And honestly if it has been cut up it is no longer suitable for use in anyway.

thanks! the top stainless steel piece is thought to be a smoke deflector. did you see the knobs on the bottom of the picture as well?

i looked behind that gold grate at the bottom of the fireplace and it had a couple stickers on it, but i fear it just lists the chimney brand, not the firebox?
is there anything on these stickers to give me the manufacture of my fireplace?
mlt9pl.jpg

any idea what this knob does? you can pull it out, but its on a spring that pulls it back in.
dhcw2t.jpg

Yes the tag tells you the manufacturer and model number look up the manuals and parts list. But that does not change the fact that it is cut up and modified and without repair it is completely unusable in anyway.

thanks again for the replay bholler!
I've googled the model number with no help. i don't see a manufacture on the sticker? warnock hersey is just a safety approval more or less right?

when you say "it" do you mean the entire fireplace or the smoke deflector? the WETT certified sweep that visited didn't mention any problems.

any ideas what the knob does in the second picture?

Security make BIS fireplaces I think. If you can get a better shot of the label that information the model info may be there.

The center knob "may" be for boost or startup air.

Security make BIS fireplaces I think. If you can get a better shot of the label that information the model info may be there.

The center knob "may" be for boost or startup air.

Of course, it says BIS right on the label thanks so much begreen!!! i googled model 1.2 and there's this thread from a couple years ago and i can see exactly what kind of doors mind had.
thanks for all your help, truly grateful for your time. https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/help-with-my-older-bis-fireplace.124574/

thanks bholler, ya i looked into it. seems like replacement doors for the 1.2 are hard to find. 2.0 i've seen but i've messaged a few places and its seems like they might be discontinued and don't think the 2.0's work on my 1.2?
anyone know where i can find 1.2 doors?
it will be a frustrating conclusion to this thread if i can't find the 1.2 doors and have to put a freestanding unit in because i'll have to drop the hearth 6 inches.