Jotul F55 - puts out the heat

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cybex

Hearth Supporter
Jan 21, 2009
Leominster MA
Installed in the last 2 weeks. Still playing. Easy to start, control and the glass stays clean. The other half loves it! Should of made the purchase 3 years ago! Every fall I'd swing by the stove shop and look at the Jotuls they would ask "Could this be the year?" Lol.

Finally some cold days ahead to let her loose!

Jotul F55 - puts out the heat

Reactions: velvetfoot
Looks very nice. I am new to wood stoves, and might be "upgrading" mine soon as well. And retiring mine to another room in the house or maybe use it in my garage for heat.

That's a beauty, but I hope you have a hearth extension pad on order. The current protection is not adequate.

Reactions: firefighterjake
Looks very nice. I am new to wood stoves, and might be "upgrading" mine soon as well. And retiring mine to another room in the house or maybe use it in my garage for heat.
Learn your stove first. Modern stoves are even pickier about burning dry wood.

I agree, cybex, the stove looks nice sitting inside your fireplace. I used to have an insert in a similar fireplace with only a hearth rug for protection in front of the hearth extension with only about 12 inches of hearth in front of the stove. The insert was in the house when we bought it and I didn't understand about clearance requirements back then. Over the years I went through several hearth rugs by getting burn spots on them from hot coals coming out of the insert for one reason or another, even though I was very careful when loading the insert. With your setup I would get a more substantial hearth pad to protect that beautiful hardwood floor.

I agree, cybex, the stove looks nice sitting inside your fireplace. I used to have an insert in a similar fireplace with only a hearth rug for protection in front of the hearth extension with only about 12 inches of hearth in front of the stove. The insert was in the house when we bought it and I didn't understand about clearance requirements back then. Over the years I went through several hearth rugs by getting burn spots on them from hot coals coming out of the insert for one reason or another, even though I was very careful when loading the insert. With your setup I would get a more substantial hearth pad to protect that beautiful hardwood floor.

Oh ya. During a load, a small coal had jumped out and landed on the fiberglass rug.

That's a really good looking stove. Nice and simple setup.

Nice looking set up . . . but as mentioned . . . hearth really should be extended for safety.

Status
Not open for further replies.