Jotul f600 full rebuil?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Labradorcountry

Oct 8, 2021
New Jersey
Howdy Hearth gang!

I have a Jotul f600 that I bought new 9 years ago. Last winter I stared to see a small puff of smoke coming from the top left rear of the stove when I banked it down.
I am.... 1.) Wondering if this has happened to anyone else?
And 2.) Should I tear it apart and replace ALL gaskets?
I've been lurking on here for years but just joined the site. Good stuff!
Thanks,
Lab

It would be good to pull the lid off the stove. Look for a soot trail in the area of the smoke puff for evidence of a small leak. Examine the underside of the lid for the same. Also, look for the upper rear corner seam cement in that location to see if it is missing.

It would be good to pull the lid off the stove. Look for a soot trail in the area of the smoke puff for evidence of a small leak. Examine the underside of the lid for the same. Also, look for the upper rear corner seam cement in that location to see if it is missing.
Will do, thanks for the direction on where to start! I appreciate it.
Lab

Replace the lid gasket while it's off. If the cement is missing in the corner seam you could try finger troweling some stove/furnace cement in that corner above the baffle.

Will do, thanks for the direction on where to start! I appreciate it.
Replace the lid gasket while it's off. If the cement is missing in the corner seam you could try finger troweling some stove/furnace cement in that corner above the baffle.
Thank you begreen! Appreciate the quick response!
Lab