jotul firelight 12 top gasket placement help please

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

jsb

Mar 29, 2012
North Central Ct
I am reposting this as I think I posted to the wrong subject originally.
I am replacing the top cover gasket as part of my rebuild and I can't remember or figure out how the top cover gasket goes. I have included 2 pics of posssible ways for it to go. Any help will be appreciated, by the way I found a new damper frame in Vt. I also located another one in New hampshire. If anyone is in need of one I can give you the contact info.

jotul top gasket 1.jpg jotul top gasket 2.jpg ]

Last edited by a moderator:
Take a look at this. Item# 81 (pp20 & 24) is the inner stove top gasket. From what little is shown of the
gasket, it looks to go all the way to the outermost front corner. There appears to be some leftover gasket cement in the small "jog" in the corner. If this was MY project. I would run the gasket ALL he way around the outside & then cut a smaller section to fit the "jog."
Hope this helps.

Attachments

• Jotul_firelght_cat (1).pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 130
Take a look at this. Item# 81 (pp20 & 24) is the inner stove top gasket. From what little is shown of the
gasket, it looks to go all the way to the outermost front corner. There appears to be some leftover gasket cement in the small "jog" in the corner. If this was MY project. I would run the gasket ALL he way around the outside & then cut a smaller section to fit the "jog."
Hope this helps.

Thanks, What I concluded after talking to "graham the stove man" from New Hampshire and looking at the top
I started the gasket at the top back of the inner channel, carried it all the way around coming by the starting point,
butting up against it, follow to the beginning of the outside channel and ending where the gasket originally came out of the inner channel.
What I also did was place about a 3 - 4 inch section of gasket over the area where the rod for the top door comes out of the linkage cover.
Waiting for some colder weather now. Just some cool nights to have a couple of breakin fires.