Q&A Jotul "FireLight"

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

QandA

Staff member
Nov 27, 2012
Question:

I find the Jotul "FireLight" to be a visually appealing wood heating device, but I'm a little taken aback by the recent claims regarding output. I recall when this stove, equipped with a catalytic combustor, was rated at 60,000 BTU/Hr....it now exceeds 80,000 BTU/Hr. I'm curious if this increase is the result of engineering improvement, or desperate marketing decision-makers. Anyone have any thoughts on this one?

Answer:

Non-catalytic stoves tend to have higher heat outputs at the top ends. This does not really mean anything in real world use since it's unlikely you'll ever burn your stove this hot...Don't worry about the ratings..if you like the stove go for it!

Status
Not open for further replies.