Jotul gf 370 light/fan blinking.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Jotulrob

Nov 21, 2021
Toledo
So my wife alerted me to the stove beeping in a continuous pattern while at work, I explained to her it was probably a dead battery warning. After replacing the batteries the beeping turned to clicking, same pattern. Turns out the clicking is the light and also the fan. No matter what I do I can’t get it to stop, the heater as far as flame operates correctly, it’s just the light and fan. Ideas? Thanks

So my wife alerted me to the stove beeping in a continuous pattern while at work, I explained to her it was probably a dead battery warning. After replacing the batteries the beeping turned to clicking, same pattern. Turns out the clicking is the light and also the fan. No matter what I do I can’t get it to stop, the heater as far as flame operates correctly, it’s just the light and fan. Ideas? Thanks
My problem, exactly!?

My problem, exactly!?
Found the problem, on the board itself after the fuse is a tiny surface mounted diode. That has failed due to the unit being overfused from the factory possibly. I replaced the diode with a standard 4005 I believe and it works great. If you’re uncomfortable with the repair or need help get ahold of me.

Hi JotulRob,
I'm having the same problem that you were having with the diode going bad, I went ahead and ordered the replacement diodes you recommended. However the only thing I'm stuck on is which way does the power flow in the circuit of this board, so as to ensure I install the diode facing the correct way. I was hoping you might be able to help me with this since you've already gone through all the trial and error with this project yourself and perhaps I may continue reaping the benefit of your experience. Thank you in advance for your time and you have already been a big help just through reading your previous posts in the forum.