Jotul GZ 550 DVII Acadia low flame

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smoking

Sep 15, 2015
Montreal - Canada
I got my Jotul GZ 550 DVII Acadia gas fire place installed in 2008 in a new construction. To make sure I do not have spider webs in the unit, I keep the pilot running year round. Fire place starts perfect, runs great however, over the past couple of years it seems that the flames are much lower than what they use to be when it was first installed. There is a flame level adjustment knob in the unit and even at the highest setting the flames are very low. Any suggestions / advice will be greatly appreciated.

Spiders may still have gotten in behind the burner orifice.
Have you pulled it to see if there's anything back there?
If you have & tehe Gas line is clear,
have you tested the pressure at the gas port labelled "OUT?"
If so, what was the reading?
Are you burning NG or LP?

I got my Jotul GZ 550 DVII Acadia gas fire place installed in 2008 in a new construction. To make sure I do not have spider webs in the unit, I keep the pilot running year round. Fire place starts perfect, runs great however, over the past couple of years it seems that the flames are much lower than what they use to be when it was first installed. There is a flame level adjustment knob in the unit and even at the highest setting the flames are very low. Any suggestions / advice will be greatly appreciated.
I am burning NG and I will check all the suggested areas and get back to you...Thanks for the tip.

Dear Daksy , I would be remiss not to take a minute to say THANK-YOU for your guidance !
I have done what you have suggested and the Jotul is working like new. I totally dissemble the unit , removed the burner which was filthy passed a micro wire brush in every hole , cleaned in soapy water and thoroughly dry it with compressed air. Cleaned the gaz nozzle entering the burner with a Q tip and alcohol , blew compressed air to clean and dry. Made sure the lava stone where not blocking any orifices in the burner and finally re-installed the logs. I adjusted the air shutter to have a crystal clear blue flame with no yellowing to avoid soot deposit in the fireplace. Cheers from Montreal !

Reactions: 49er
Dear Daksy , I would be remiss not to take a minute to say THANK-YOU for your guidance !
I have done what you have suggested and the Jotul is working like new. I totally dissemble the unit , removed the burner which was filthy passed a micro wire brush in every hole , cleaned in soapy water and thoroughly dry it with compressed air. Cleaned the gaz nozzle entering the burner with a Q tip and alcohol , blew compressed air to clean and dry. Made sure the lava stone where not blocking any orifices in the burner and finally re-installed the logs. I adjusted the air shutter to have a crystal clear blue flame with no yellowing to avoid soot deposit in the fireplace. Cheers from Montreal !

Tres Bien!

Status
Not open for further replies.