Jotul Rockland burned me right out of the room...I am thrilled

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rockreid

May 7, 2008
Stamford, CT
With temps dropping into the 40's tonight here in CT I fired up the new Jotul Rockland for the first time this season. Man- does it kick out the heat! My wife and I are comfortable on the other side of the house watching the debate and I am eager to be toasty warm when it drops into the 20's and teens here.

Another CT burner here. I was just thinking of a post about the fact that I am sitting here in sweats and knowing pretty soon I will be in shorts and a T shirt. Wife is getting bundled up in bed. Once the season hits, that's another story. I love the heat that the stoves put out. Don't overuse this year as they say it will be a cold winter. My Oslo is clean, pipe cleaned (if you can call it that, did a mirror test and only one shiny spot across from the inlet from the stove). Two plastic bags worth of sote at the bottom of the stove just sitting there. I'll go up to the top in the next few days to see how it looks before I'm burning.
Stay warm.
Chad

Status
Not open for further replies.