Jotul rockland seam issue?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ctwoodtick

Minister of Fire
Jun 5, 2015
Southeast CT
just recently noticed that I have some wispy bits of what looks like gasket material coming from where the stove top and front plate meet. This area is heard to see due to there appearing to be a ridge of sorts-looks like the the front plate extends about a quarter of an inch higher than where it appears to meet the stove top. I put my stovetop therm in this little slot so I feel like I would have seen it before. Looks like a very small amount of gasket material, but wondering what you guys thought about that. I cannot see the exact point where the seam is due to the ridge effect I mentioned but, I do not believe there is a major seam gap there. Took a bent paper clip and could not locate any holes/gaps what do you guys think?

Status
Not open for further replies.