Jotul White Enamel

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

LeeOz

May 21, 2021
Australia
Hi,

Nervous first time poster and wood burner buyer here.

We are considering purchasing a white enamel Jotul F 305 and really hoping for some advice.

Does anyone have a white enamel Jotul and if so do you find it gets dirty easily? Does it stain or chip?

Also wondering if it looks ok with a black flu or should be go for the white enamel flu too? It’s more costly, but hopefully this is a one time purchase.

Thanks,
Lee

Enameled stoves are much easier to clean and keep good looking with just a wipe with a damp rag. They usually don't chip unless hit with a tool or pot.

Reactions: LeeOz
I like mine. If anything get on the stove say a splatter of a spilled drink or your rag was you wipes it off with was not clean, those residues which you can’t see at the time can burn and turn brown. They usually come off with a clean damp rag and some scrubbing. I have tried ice to get these spots but I need to spend a little more time on them. The spots are not noticeable from Normal viewing distance.
The white pipe looks sharp but with if your over all house decor has other hi contrasting elements I think black would be fine. I think with a modern more monochrome color scheme the white pipe stands out less. But a dark background with black pipe could really make the stove the center of attention.
Evan

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 178
I like mine. If anything get on the stove say a splatter of a spilled drink or your rag was you wipes it off with was not clean, those residues which you can’t see at the time can burn and turn brown. They usually come off with a clean damp rag and some scrubbing. I have tried ice to get these spots but I need to spend a little more time on them. The spots are not noticeable from Normal viewing distance.
The white pipe looks sharp but with if your over all house decor has other hi contrasting elements I think black would be fine. I think with a modern more monochrome color scheme the white pipe stands out less. But a dark background with black pipe could really make the stove the center of attention.
Evan
Thanks Evan, this is really helpful. I think we will go for the black flue. Really appreciate your advice.

The Jotul enamel is as hard as glass. I put a quarter size water mark on the top years ago. It caused a bit of a dull finish. Just looked now its gone. The only cleaning is little dusting with pledge occasionally. The gloss finish is is as perfect as new. Most regret not spending the extra for the enamel.

As to the white, don't know. For me a wood stove shouldn't be white.

I would just stick with the color black unless you want the stove for ambiance or something and just plan to use it sometimes.. if the looks matter to you that much I would check out other stoves for they have some very beautiful ones like the baria ones for instance or those other stoves that have actual pretty indian paintings on them---with advice from these expert functioning stove people ( I bought a stove but have not lite it yet--lol lol) they could help you pick out a good stove although the Jotul F305 is a very nice stove too..clamcey

When stove shopping white was non-negotiable. (Add short, under 29”) and the list was rather small. They are not for everyone but I’m glad it was available.

Evan

Attachments

• A9F02AAF-B77A-435C-BC59-BFBFD64B4A18.jpeg
    A9F02AAF-B77A-435C-BC59-BFBFD64B4A18.jpeg
    236.7 KB · Views: 202
The F305 looks good in white. Almost like a little modern TV set. It has a soapstone top option too.
View attachment 278962
That looks like a wood stove the Jetsons would have. Nice to see they're making stoves that fit in with different decors.

That looks like a wood stove the Jetsons would have. Nice to see they're making stoves that fit in with different decors.

That F305 is such a cool looking stove. I'm thinking about installing the gas-fired version that's available in the US in the corner of my living room, but I think it might look a little lost given how small they are.

Thanks to everyone on this forum - you have all been so helpful, and kind!

What do you guys think about an enamel flu/pipe versus a normal one with an enamel stove? Thanks again

What do you guys think about an enamel flu/pipe versus a normal one with an enamel stove?
That's your call based on the home's aesthetics and the budget.

Thanks to everyone on this forum - you have all been so helpful, and kind!

What do you guys think about an enamel flu/pipe versus a normal one with an enamel stove? Thanks again
I think it looks higher end with the enamel pipe. Will it transition to black or go all the way up?

We have a Jotul 602 CB and a high top all in blue black enamel in our house, and it’s easy to clean, and will stay good looking for eternity