Just bought Jotul Firelight 12...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Khosi100

Feb 5, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
It is in good shape but have a few questions for anyone in the know:
1. After looking in the smoke outlet, I noticed a mouse ate a 1 inch hole on the far left top of the catalytic chamber (see pic). Can I still use the cat chamber and/or is there a way to patch it?

2. Is there a small plate on the back of the stove near the bottom? I don't see one on mine, but see something labelled rear plat bracket in the diagram? (see pic)

3. Is there a small heat shield that can be bolted on to this? Can I use the same heat shield from the 600 for my unit?

4. Anyone have a left burnplate laying around I can buy off them? Just realized mine is missing!

Thanks so much..

Attachments

• 2017-02-05 19.58.28.jpg
    2017-02-05 19.58.28.jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 284
  • 2017-02-05 19.57.45.jpg
    2017-02-05 19.57.45.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 278
Paging @Ashful to see if he has any spare parts.

Without the rear heat shield the stove will need 36" rear clearance unless there's a proper wall shield behind it.

Paging @Ashful to see if he has any spare parts.

Without the rear heat shield the stove will need 36" rear clearance unless there's a proper wall shield behind it.
Thanks begreen, I am installing a wall heat shield (1" air space) as well. But the unit heat shield will lower my clearances even more.