Just finished my P-68 self-install and first burn...WOW

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fixedblade

Jul 31, 2008
Northeast Kingdom of Vt.
Greetings all: New member here who would like to report in the the install of my new Harman P-68 stove this morning. Ordered it in July and got it a month earlier than my dealer had estimated. He also sold it to me at the pre-increase price. Farmyard Store in Derby, Vt are good guys and I highly recommend them. I've been burning an Englander 25PDV for 4 seasons now and while not a bad stove for the money, it just didn't have the horsepower to heat up my 200+ year old 2800 square foot northern VT home. For many years I burned wood in a Sotz Barrel stove that was a heat factory, albeit not a pleasing sight in your living room. I moved to the pellet stove 4 years ago but was never that pleased with the heat I could get out of the Englander. I was able to sell the Englander for $900 this week and was happy with that. I paid $1800 for it 4 years ago. I tackled the installation of the Harman as all I really needed to do was reconfigure the existing stovepipe and add an elbow. Did that this morning and fired it up for the first burn and was pleasantly surprized how little smoke burned off the outside. It did smoke for a few minutes but that was quickly gone and I let it burn for 3 hours and just shut it down. Must say I upgraded to the Harman expecting a quantum increase in heat output and I'm not disappointed. I was also very pleased with the much lower amount of mechanical and fan noises. The Englander was quite loud, especially the auger motor..... Anyway, that's my report on my new stove and expect to soon be firing it for a non-stop burn that lasts 6 months. I've got 5 tons of pellets in the garage and am hoping not to have to buy much oil this winter. We'll seeee.
---A happy Harman owner

Welcome Fixedblade, I'm pretty new here myself. Sounds like you got it all under control. I guess you found one of the "good dealers" they seem to be as scarce as hen's teeth these days. That's surely a nice stove you got for yourself. Good luck with your new pellet cooker.

Happy for you, and Congrat's. Hope mine comes early as well. I am getting the same model, glad your'e happy with the noise, or should I say, lack of noise. Hope to have mine in November. Good Luck!

When I first fired my P68 I was really surprised at the amount of heat the stove puts out. I know it will be nice and toasty here this winter.

Fixedblade said:
Greetings all: New member here who would like to report in the the install of my new Harman P-68 stove this morning.

Pictures, pictures!!!! No pic = it didn't really happen...LOL :lol:

Steveo said:
When I first fired my P68 I was really surprised at the amount of heat the stove puts out. I know it will be nice and toasty here this winter.

I can well imagine that a P68 will indeed put out a lot of heat especially at 68K BTU but it should since it has to be eating a lot of pellets to do that .

My father has a P68 in the basement of his 45' x 28' ranch house and it does a good job of heating it. Enjoy your P68.

slink said:
It amazes me how many posts seem to suggest the customers never have seen the units burn before they are installed in house.

If have seen the P68 in action before I purchased it but there is a huge difference in feeling the heat output on a large showroom warehouse and an enclosed living room in a well insulated ranch.

That's great news Firestarter. Congrats on your P-68. I too ordered a P-68 from the Farmyard store in Derby.....first week of June. Still waiting on the stove. Guess who's getting a phone call Monday morning.

Gumbo said:
That's great news Firestarter. Congrats on your P-68. I too ordered a P-68 from the Farmyard store in Derby.....first week of June. Still waiting on the stove. Guess who's getting a phone call Monday morning.
Actually, to be more accurate, I ordered a Harman PF-100 furnace from the Farmyard Store in May and in July was told the furnace wouldn't be available until after Xmas. Couldn't do that so I changed my order to the P-68 at that time. Don't chew out Nate too badly. Your's should be in pretty soon I'd think. They are definately worth the wait.
Fixedblade

Status
Not open for further replies.