Just HAVE to have?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 131250
I have Polar ATV trailer also but too bad I didn't know they offered the 1500 lb model at the time I got it! But my 1200 lb 15CF one is a great trailer indeed! It was a Northern Tools score...lol! They make side rails for those trailers.... I just HAVE to have me some of them I spose!

Edit: Here is a image of them I found on Northerns site. This is the trailer I have but I'm sure they make them for your trailer too.
The wife's not home. Time to do a little shopping!

Depending on your terrain...you should look into the tandem axle add on.

I could not believe that there weren't any other trailers out there...that I could find...that weren't pieces of sheet metal crap or weren't $3000 rigs. The only other one I saw was from Swisher which was more $ and held less with one axle.

My wife really griped about the money for this one but has kept quiet about it since she's not having to pick up stragglers.

Those Polar tandem axle trailers must be fairly new since I've never seen them until now. I see they still offer the 1500 lb. single axle which is the one that fits my budget, if I could sell my 1200 lb. model. I'll prolly just put the rails on mine and lose a little sleep but I'll be ok until I walk in a Fleet Farm or Northern and see the 22cf model!! Lol.,

I got my new side rails for my trailer but I haven't put them on yet. It'll be a few weeks until out using the trailer and the saw again anyways. I watched a video that a Clam Corp/Polar trailer has on their web site showing how those tandem wheels work. That's pretty cool how they move over the terrain!

I got my new side rails for my trailer but I haven't put them on yet. It'll be a few weeks until out using the trailer and the saw again anyways. I watched a video that a Clam Corp/Polar trailer has on their web site showing how those tandem wheels work. That's pretty cool how they move over the terrain!

Man I'm not kidding. That TA trailer is legit. Where I'm cutting now I have to go trough a stream that's just about as wide and 3/4 deep as my tires ony Pioneer. That TA just rolls right through it with no problem and hardly any tilting of the trailer. My buddy's single axle would have dumped wood all over through that.

My BIL can't stop mouthing off about how "well, that's not a good design" "it's not REALLY a tandem axle" "a guy I work with had one and it broke" etc. which translates into its a good trailer.

Lol! That's funny! Polar really does make the nicest ATV trailer over ever seen! In that same video someone even had tail lights hooked up! I wish I could find someone to buy my 1200 so I could move up to a 1500. But now that I have the rails I'd want around $300 for a used trailer. Good luck!

Depend's on your budget and appetite / addiction for the toys!!!!
edit; and if you want to make $4000/cord firewood.

View attachment 130464
Now that's just ridiculous. You're just being extravagant. You don't need the Kubota, with that perfectly capable Caterpillar in your back yard.

Lol! That's funny! Polar really does make the nicest ATV trailer over ever seen! In that same video I someone even had tail lights hooked up!
There's another company that makes we some trailers, ATB or something like that, but they're like $2,000.

I'm using my new pickaroon now and it's one of the best tools I've bought for wood hauling and handling! No more bending over for rounds of wood and it is much easier on my back!

Reactions: TreePointer
I'm cutting up DTOTG, and STD trees. Not doing any major felling. This winter has provided more than enough trees on the ground.

Plus, there's this little thing called my wife. Shed have a cow if I came home with a $1000 saw.

And that Polar trailer hauls some serious wood. Especially if I have SXS bed loaded.

Be careful and wear latex gloves...you don't want to catch any of those STD's:p

woodchuck

Status
Not open for further replies.