Just pickup an log ox 3 in 1 tool

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Woodspliter

Burning Hunk
Jan 25, 2020
Maine
Just got my 3 in 1 log tool in today. Looks like it this thing will help a bunch with processing firewood.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20201022-200707_Firefox.jpg
    SmartSelect_20201022-200707_Firefox.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 104
Just got my 3 in 1 log tool in today. Looks like it this thing will help a bunch with processing firewood.
You'll like it, I have something like this and take it with me all the time.
1603422114718.png

Let us know what you think of it after using it a bit. Curious how well it works at picking up splits.

Let us know what you think of it after using it a bit. Curious how well it works at picking up splits.
Got my log ox stand alone tool, love it and the wife does as well. I am thinking of gettting a second, one thing I find is with bigger rounds you get a little unbalanced. Almost like carrying a 5 gal bucket of water, I find it easier to carry two because your muscles are balanced. Will be very helpful loading the splitter. We have processed about 5 Ash trees with it and it is a real lower back saver!

I usually carry something like this when cutting. Go through a large log 3/4 way, then roll it all for the back cuts is an efficient way. Smaller log diameters - I usually snip half way, then kick it over for the back cuts - no cant hook required.

As far as using with the log splitter - it's used for very large rounds with the splitter upright, tip and roll into place to get them quartered, tip the splitter horizontal and use the hoist to set the quarters on with. Heavy stuff is tough to get around without leverage.

Not sure if I would have a use for the prop stand part of it.