Just when I thought I could shut down for the season

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
BB, I feel bad for you ... not==c Following a week were it rained everyday, we had snow yesterday and frozen ditches this morning. We're playing the hi-low game here lately. Tough getting any gardening done...

Here it is May 20th and it's 40 degrees outside - another fire today

End of season cleaning happening this Friday.

Going on almost a month straight of mid 30's to low 40's with rain almost every day. Thought we were gonna warm up a few weeks ago, started cleaning the insert and everything, alas....still burning today. I had to break down and buy some pine from the store, I'm COMPLETELY out of anything even close to seasoned.

CO is getting some nasty late spring weather. I feel for you folks.

Finally starting to warm up. Still getting quite a bit of rain, I think we actually had ONE whole day that it hasn't rained so far this month. The good: I was able to run the new insert a lot more than expected so I learned quite a bit about it. The bad: I was able to run the new insert A LOT more than expected so I ran out of useable wood long ago and have had to buy pine from Lowe's, ACE, etc.

Still, the moisture is needed and we've been increadibly lucky compared to other parts of the country.

We are the opposite. So far we've had about .15" of rain in the past 30 days. The lawn has started to brown out. It's sunny and most plants are 2-3 weeks ahead of schedule. This is our mid-July weather, in early June.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.