KEEP SETTING SMOKE DETECTORS OFF!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MICHAEL H

Hearth Supporter
Dec 24, 2009
se indiana
Something which has never happened. PE Pacific insert. Never any problems with smoke coming into the room. Same wood I have burned all year. Start a new fire and need to add a log or two the smoke just blinds you. Then the smoke detector downstairs goes off. I have noticed smoke even lots of it when adding to a new fire but it has never come back into the room. Any thoughts or concerns I need to check. Stove seems to be heating as well also. Thanks!

check your chimney and chimney cap to see if it clogged with creosote or other obstructions.

learnin to burn said:
check your chimney and chimney cap to see if it clogged with creosote or other obstructions.

Ditto

Matt

I am new here, but heated with wood and such quite a bit.. I would surely check for an "obstruction" in the chimney system. I have seen military yukon stoves choke down until they wouldn't run, and the operator swear it's the fuel, then you pull the chimney out, and that 4" flue has a 3/4" hole to pass thru.

Status
Not open for further replies.