Kiddie just recalled a half million smoke detectors!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
The are under the microscope, First extinguishers now smoke detectors. See sticky note above ^^^ at the top of the forum posts for fire extinguisher info.

No response from Kidde since Nov, 2017 to 4 recalled fire extinguishers.
Emails, tel calls....no replacements now after 5 months and counting. They are polite without any firm ETA.
Now we have to do recalled alarms ?

That is what they keep telling us.
The excuse said is the delay in manufacturing ( "...I will love you in the morning..." ).

They had a recall about a year ago on there wired CO2 detector. I have one of them in my whole house system. All the rest are Kidde fire / smoke. So back then I called there replacement hotline. I had a very sketchy conversation with what I knew was someone working out of there house. The dog was barking in the back ground and she had to take breaks to get oxygen. Not an issue, but I was supposed to get an Email, which I never received. I never followed it up. I think the issue was the detector was supposed to stop working 5 years or so, and it didn't.

They say new recall of the fire detectors is a dust cap left on the sensor. If mine has that I'll take it apart and remove it.

No response from Kidde since Nov, 2017 to 4 recalled fire extinguishers.
Emails, tel calls....no replacements now after 5 months and counting. They are polite without any firm ETA.
Now we have to do recalled alarms ?
That's odd, we got our replacement extinguishers about 3 weeks after the recall was announced.

Most folks I have spoken with in regards to the extinguisher recall received the replacement extinguishers within a few weeks.

I think I'd call and let them know exactly how long it's been. See how far up the ladder of responsibility you can get. Take their name and let them know your lawyer suggested documenting this in the off chance that a fire extinguisher is needed 5 months after they were first notified that the problem existed.

I think I'd call and let them know exactly how long it's been. See how far up the ladder of responsibility you can get. Take their name and let them know your lawyer suggested documenting this in the off chance that a fire extinguisher is needed 5 months after they were first notified that the problem existed.

No lawyer jokes please. Who has the time to fool with this incompetancy. Have you had to wait listening to digital so-called "music" for 23 minutes. No "ladder of responsibility" available, we have tried. Like to "take names".
The problem, we think, is that 2 of the recalls are marine ( Lake Champlain ).