Kinderhook stove question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Pandabear

Nov 17, 2018
Ma
Hello all,

I was curious about the cleaning port on the inside of my burn chamber in Kinderhook stove from Hudson stoves. I was cleaning the burn chamber and when I tried to loosen the bolt it snapped off. I cannot attach the metal disk back without drilling the screw out. I can't find much information about it through other sources and was wondering if anyone knows if I can burn pellets without it in place.

First time on the forums here and I thank anyone who can help me with this issue

I would not recommend it.I would at least stuff some rockwool in it,don't get carried away.And,if you are new to the stove.I seem to remember that stove is one of those that has exhaust passageways that plug up,might want to learn the leaf blower trick,and buy a rubber mallet.Anyway,I think you can remove the part with the broken bolt,after removing the fire brick.