kindling storage ideas

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or you could use supercedars and never need kindling again! :p

For years(before supercedars), I just used an old fireplace grate and had the kindling neatly stacked on that. Now that I don't use near as much, I have a galvanized pale of them hidden behind a couch.

pen

Reactions: raybonz

For years(before supercedars), I just used an old fireplace grate and had the kindling neatly stacked on that. Now that I don't use near as much, I have a galvanized pale of them hidden behind a couch.

pen

I use a copper looking metal planter pot. It's embossed so it's kind of nice looking. I've seen them in the yard/garden centers of big box stores.

I still need to build me a nice kindling box sometime... I have built little racks with kindling to look like little face cords to give away...but for the most part I just keep it in a plastic tub in the garage and a little in a small basket close to the stove.

pen
I do use Super Cedars but still use some kindling.. I bought 100 last year and will buy more when needed..

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.