Kinetic vs hydraulic

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
View attachment 198596 View attachment 198597
Love this unit but had to sell it and order a new Super Split HD

Both have there place in my opinion

If I was messing with 2-3' rounds regularly the vertical hydro may have stayed in my shed- i dont so the SS HD was a great option anx cycle
Time is amazing from what I have seen

SS ships to me next week- cant wait
You are going to love it.

You are going to love it.
Hope so
Kinda of a gamble since I haven't touched one before
Videos sold it for me
Electric version so i can work in the shop all winter- 30-40 below wont matter anymore:)

Reactions: MrWhoopee
Hope so
Kinda of a gamble since I haven't touched one before
Videos sold it for me
Electric version so i can work in the shop all winter- 30-40 below wont matter anymore:)

I started with the Honda powered option at first and swapped it over to 240. Honda motor sitting on the shop floor that has just a few hours on it.

I have no regrets on the electric version. Dedicated 240 20 amp circuit with 2 locations to plug twist locks in. Run the most heavy cord you can afford. I'm #10 from the panel to the 2 locations in EMT, then drop down to #12. Cord set on the splitter is 20 feet. Then I have a 80 foot extension for the wood splitting area. I used SO 12-3 that I found on the internet, maybe fleabay but I don't recall. It was the end of a roll and pretty cheap and brand new. The Hubbell cord caps cost more than the cable.

It's doubtful I'll ever split further than that away from the house but in 20 mins I can do the swap if I need to.

A little off topic but there is a used SuperSplitter for sale at

A & J Tree Services LLC
1722 New Britain Ave Connecticut
(860) 677-4904

I drove by it today and was not able to see how much there asking . Just thought this maybe of use to someone . No I am not affiliated with them.

Ive been planning the eletrical stuff for months
I aready have 220 in shop - easy connection there

Gonna run #10 circuit out the wood dedicated 20amp

Already have a 50' #10 cord from another project:)

Should be pretty good from what I see

Well I am stoked!!

Got the email from Connor yesterday; unit shipped 3 days sooner than they said it would.

On the way and I am looking forward to it.

Reactions: WoodyIsGoody
Started uncrating tonight after
Working on wiring for new septic.
Too many projects:(
Ill finish putting it together tomorrow

Attachments

• IMG_7352.JPG
    IMG_7352.JPG
    104.2 KB · Views: 257
  • IMG_7354.JPG
    IMG_7354.JPG
    141.9 KB · Views: 247
Reactions: Lakeside
Did you get the table with it?

That'd be the table flanking the beam, two halves. Can't imagine using one without the table - love my HD, total overkill!

That'd be the table flanking the beam, two halves. Can't imagine using one without the table - love my HD, total overkill!

Mine was delivered fully assembled for no extra money. The dealer poured the oil in the motor and added gas.

Sorry for the stupidity on my part. :p

:)

Did you get the table with it?
Table is on the sides as mentioned, it has th two sides and a center piece the width of the Ibeam

Well- finally finished putting things together
Its the HD model but doesnt say it anywhere, not sure why

Gonna split a couple cord
Tomorrow:)

Yeah

Attachments

• IMG_7358.JPG
    IMG_7358.JPG
    124.7 KB · Views: 236
  • IMG_7359.JPG
    IMG_7359.JPG
    121.9 KB · Views: 252
  • IMG_7360.JPG
    IMG_7360.JPG
    120 KB · Views: 253
I see they added two more legs on each side of the table. Wonder why?

With my single leg I let the wood pile up to the point that the splits push the SS along the ground leaving a windrow of split logs behind. One of these days I'll build a slip on shoe with an angle on the front like a ski.

I see they added two more legs on each side of the table. Wonder why?

With my single leg I let the wood pile up to the point that the splits push the SS along the ground leaving a windrow of split logs behind. One of these days I'll build a slip on shoe with an angle on the front like a ski.

I beleive it is partially for table support and also an attempt to keep up with the pack. Split wecond splitter has outriggers like this. The nice thing is you can mount them further back toward the motor if you wish or even across the front.

I agree on the front part- im gonna add a wheel that can lock. Easy to move splitter by hand and also the ability to stabilzed it in uneven ground.

Regards

Well- finally finished putting things together
Its the HD model but doesnt say it anywhere, not sure why

Gonna split a couple cord
Tomorrow:)

Yeah

I'm guessing you'll have a big grin on your face after going through those cords - hope you have a helper - these things can keep 6 hands busy!
Look forward to hearing your thoughts...

I'm guessing you'll have a big grin on your face after going through those cords - hope you have a helper - these things can keep 6 hands busy!
Look forward to hearing your thoughts...

Okay
Very pleased with this thing
Quiet and fast
Lovn it

Finished welding the removablf tow hitch today; works great

Attachments

• IMG_7432.JPG
    IMG_7432.JPG
    146.5 KB · Views: 196
Reactions: WoodyIsGoody
Quiet and fast

I have an electric J model , Quite, Fast and Clean. No smoke, or oil & gas to deal with is Great !

It's even made ( mostly ) in the USA.
I understand the fly wheels may come from Canada.

All the Best with your New splitter.

I have an electric J model , Quite, Fast and Clean. No smoke, or oil & gas to deal with is Great !

It's even made ( mostly ) in the USA.
I understand the fly wheels may come from Canada.

All the Best with your New splitter.
My understanding is that the flywheels are made in Nashua New Hampshire

My understanding is that the flywheels are made in Nashua New Hampshire
That's good to hear, my statement was from apx 5 years ago. Maybe Paul for Supersplitter can clarify what percentage of his machine is made in good old USA ?

That's good to hear, my statement was from apx 5 years ago. Maybe Paul for Supersplitter can clarify what percentage of his machine is made in good old USA ?

I believe all of it.

IMG_1012.JPG IMG_1014.JPG
Great experience so far
Very pleased with My decision

I have a friend that can find negative in just about anything- non the less he was impressed with this unit and how fast it is

Reactions: kennyp2339