King Ashley / US stove problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kvanek

Apr 10, 2009
Michigan
1st time poster here so thanks ahead of time.

I have a 5500M pellet stove built by US stove that the ignitor quit working. I found the 5A fuse on the
ignitor board was blown so i replaced it. As soon as the ignitor tries to light it instantly reblows the fuse.

I see no bad wires and my stove is only 15 months old. Could a bad ignitor reblow this fuse or is the ignitor board bad?

Thanks for your help....Ken

Check for the remote possibility of a pinched wire first but odds are very good that the igniter needs replacing.

kvanek said:
So does it make sense that if the ignitor was bad it would blow the fuse?
Is there a way i can check the ignitor?

You could check its resistance with an ohm meter. But I don't know what the specs of good or bad would be. But zero resistance would be a definite bad ignitor!

jay

I may have found my problem. Look at the pic.
My ignitor is bent and all built up with ???????
It is like it just got so hot it melted in the spot.

Attachments

• IMG_1227.JPG
    IMG_1227.JPG
    54.6 KB · Views: 358
kvanek said:
I may have found my problem. Look at the pic.
My ignitor is bent and all built up with ???????
It is like it just got so hot it melted in the spot.
Id say it shorted out.

Status
Not open for further replies.