King Pellet Stove Model KP130

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

DalePaul

Jan 28, 2019
Home
We bought this pellet stove in Oct, previously we owned a Hastings model. The last three times I cleaned it out
I ended up with two quarts of unburned pellets each time. Then to restart it I had to use my MAP gas torch to get it to ignite. The burn pot filled up and overflowed and the pellets never ignited. The last two times I cleaned it out I removed the igniter, cleaned and ohmed it out at 8.2 ohms, at 120Vac that's 1756 watts, still the problem exists.

How do I get it to burn more of the unburned pellets? and I do I get it to ignite properly?

Does the igniter glow red hot when you try to start the stove? Is the exhaust vent clear and clean? Sounds like its feeding to many pellets or its not enough draft. Check your manual troubleshooting section.