Klinker King review for Volgerzang 5790.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Joe.G

Jan 21, 2018
NY
I added the Klinker King to my 5790 this year towards the end of the season. I installed the stove 10/2014 and I run it all season as my sole heat source of a 2,600 SqFt home. My stove always had a bunch of pellets that would bounce out or miss the burn pot and build up around it. After adding this I no longer have any pellets going to waste and the ash does seem a little finer. I do notice that the ash does appear to build up a bit faster and stay next to the burn pot more giving the impression that the stove has more ash in it then it really does. The glass may or may not stay cleaner long er but I am not sure yet. I did not add this to fix any burn issue as my stove has treated me very well over the years and burns fine unless it gets really dirty. Figured Id pass it on for others who may want one.

Any pics please?

Figured I'd update the post, Everything is fine and I am really happy with the Klinker King, it does keep the stove cleaner and seems to keep the burn pot cleaner, No more hard build up just ash. The 5790 is a work horse and if you have a large house that you want to heat this should not be over looked. I have been running this stove since 2014 and I think I have replaced the auger twice and exhaust motor once. The stove gets a deep clean twice a season and a basic cleaning about every week and a half.