Kozi 100 XL Auger Not Turning

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

JonMott

Dec 17, 2016
I have a Kozi 100 XL and the auger not turning. I have replaced the removed the auger to check for anything that might be blocking it, and found nothing. I replaced the auger motor and it still doesn't work. I need some suggestions on what to try next.

Any blinking light codes? Couple reasons why the auger might not turn ... loss of vacuum in the firebox, high limit snap disc no longer functioning as it should, wires loose on safety switches (door and hopper as appropriate). Always unplug when working in the cabinet.

Loss of vacuum - internal exhaust pathways or venting needs cleaning including port where vac switch is hooked up, cracked or broken hose to vac switch, failed door/hopper/ash pan gaskets as appropriate (dollar bill test) , failed vac switch which is the least likely

High Limit Snap disc failure - can try to jumper around the snap disc temporarily to see if the auger will move. By-passing the disc is only for troubleshooting and should not be run that way.

Keep us posted and welcome to the forum.

Thank you for your response. The three lights are all blinking at the same time and increase or decrease as you turn the feed dial up or down signaling normal function. I tried to manually move the auger and it won't budge. The vacuum seems to be normal.

Confirm that the auger bolt is not slipping. If you have an old power cord and appropriate spade connectors, you could try the auger motor direct to the outlet to confirm it works. Otherwise, rule out the vac. switch and high limit disc, one at a time, with a jumper. Always unplug when working in the cabinet!

Having just replaced the auger motor. using pellets by hand in the burn box can keep a fire operating. The auger will not advance pellets to the burn box. Suggestions.... Have cleaned stove
in last six months....

Last edited by a moderator:
Who replaced the auger motor? Yourself or a service tech? I gave you options to check above ...

Hi,
I have a similar problem, i had a bad bag of pellets which caused my auger motor to burn, i have now replaced the motor (tested with direct power from outlet and it turn with auger as well) , but now i don't have any light in the back, both exhaust and fan motor are working but my auger motor won't turn.
The vacuum disc seem to be working fine but when i unplug the vacuum hose both top light turn on.. No flashing of any codes

Bottom light doesn't light up.

I did try to bypass the snap disc (if that the little sensor with a red button that can pop out) it didn't help..

Im wondering if it could be one of the 2 blue modules?

Could someone confirm my vacuum switch is connected correctly?

Thanks in advance for your help!!

Attachments

• IMG_20171017_174206.jpg
    IMG_20171017_174206.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 359