Kuma- wood stove photos of pewter doors/legs or stainless? Buying blind

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

LGMC

Dec 30, 2019
MD
Hello
I will be buying a Kumo wood stove (Ashwood LE) and noted it comes with a pewter door/leg option and a stainless brushed door (only) option. We can not see the items in person locally. I looked all over the net and cant see to find any photos besides the ones from the company which look "altered" to show off the different looks of the steel options. Does anybody have any models by Kumo who have either pewter or the new stainless brushed door options? I would appreciate it. I like the idea of pewter legs but worry it will look "shiney".
Thank you!

Will this do? Nice looking stove by the way.

Attachments

• ASH-DRP-LGCP.png
    ASH-DRP-LGCP.png
    446.1 KB · Views: 153
Will this do? Nice looking stove by the way.

Hello! I appreciate the reply and help. The photo from the manual (stock photo shown) is the one I Saw also. Looks Photoshopped? I kept searching and found the OLD model Kumo (pre 2020 EPA) and the pewter looks different.

Pic A (old pewter image)- less bright
Pic B (new--brighter)--may be Photoshopped

I would prefer the "A" look better (deeper gray and not as bright as pewter is). So hard not seeing things in person. I was hoping someone saw the pewter and could clarify with pics if they own it? I am assuming the first photo (old photo) is more realistic.

I called the main 1888 Kumo and the rep said it is not shiny like chrome... was helpful but not as good as a pic. Maybe I could have the company send me a real photo? That may not be a bad idea!!

I appreciate your help!

Attachments

• KumoA.jpg
    KumoA.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 138
  • KumoB.png
    KumoB.png
    446.1 KB · Views: 138