Kuuma vapor fire electrical hook up.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Micdrew

Jan 15, 2021
Maryland
Hello all, I’m expecting my VF100 this month, I’m currently getting the area in the basement ready for the furnace, I dont have a near by power source so I need to run a dedicated line to the furnace, my question is, does the furnace have a plug for an outlet or is it hard wired? I would call lampa but being that it’s the weekend they’re closed and I would like to get this done today.

Thanks fellas.

It's hard wired......

I know they say to have a dedicated circuit (20A IIRC...15 is plenty IME) but just FYI, it only pulls something like 2 amps normally...maybe 2.5A when the blower is on high...and I put a HD cord on mine so I could plug it into an outlet (powered by the furnace circuit)

I know they say to have a dedicated circuit (20A IIRC...15 is plenty IME) but just FYI, it only pulls something like 2 amps normally...maybe 2.5A when the blower is on high...and I put a HD cord on mine so I could plug it into an outlet (powered by the furnace circuit)
That’s what I’m thinking about doing myself.
My thought was to be able to unplug it in the summer to protect it from lighting strikes and the fact that I only have 3 outlets in the basement.

Reactions: Highbeam
I just cut the power to the whole sha-bang via a switch on the wall near the furnace for summer. I can also turn off the breaker to that circuit.

Reactions: Micdrew
That’s what I’m thinking about doing myself.
My thought was to be able to unplug it in the summer to protect it from lighting strikes and the fact that I only have 3 outlets in the basement.
Are they all one circuit? I wouldn't want it all on one circuit...and yes, I unplug it in the summer.

I just cut the power to the whole sha-bang via a switch on the wall near the furnace for summer. I can also turn off the breaker to that circuit.
Same here, switch is on the floor joist above the furnace. Also recently moved the lower limit switch from original placement to 4" below the top of 24" high plenum on the advice of the good folks at Lamppa MFG.

Last edited:
Reactions: lampmfg