L8124A,C Replacement options?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mjf3487

Oct 2, 2016
Pa
My aquastat need replaced and its a L8124A1007.
I was curious if there any better options out there before I order one.

I curently have a single zone system with a coil in the boiler to heat my water.

My outdoor boiler is doing all the work right now but I don't run it in the summer

Better for what accuracy or dependability? Your original is a tried and true controller. pretty accurate and dependable.

stay away from anything digital like the hydrolevel 3250 plus or the honeywell digital units.

Order another 8124 as a spare also that is what I did when I ordered an L8124L1011 to
replace the Hydrolevel junk I was given by the dealer and I am just waiting for the spare to
arrive the simple triple aquastats s are the best. Just be sure the thermocouple well is the
same size as the thermocouple or you have the conductive grease to squeeze in the
thermocouple well.

Reactions: STIHLY DAN
Ok I'll just stick with what I have. I just figured I'd check since they've been around a while. I guess there is a good reason why

I use that controller also. I just removed the coil cause i installed a hphw heater, should i leave the l8124 in place and just keep the low limit down making the boiler a warm start when thermastat calls for heat? Or should i get a different aquastat with no low and dif settings?

I use that controller also. I just removed the coil cause i installed a hphw heater, should i leave the l8124 in place and just keep the low limit down making the boiler a warm start when thermastat calls for heat? Or should i get a different aquastat with no low and dif settings?
I believe that i read there is a way to bypass it. I'm very far from an expert but maybe you can search it.

You should leave the new 8124 in place.

The Honeywell triple aquastat for wood and coal boilers
will only operate on a wide open burn until the high limit
is met and then shut off until the temperature reaches
the low limit and will then again run wide open wasting fuel.

Status
Not open for further replies.