Large Duchwest temp

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrisg

Hearth Supporter
Sep 6, 2007
NEK VT
Where should I get my temp reading from on this stove and what temp should it be at?
Great forum wish I had found it awhile ago.Thanks in advance for any info.

If it is a Cat model, the side loading door is the only single layered piece of cast, that is where i have my temp gauge.

Not sure about model no it's always been called large Dutchwest,it's like a parlor stove with glass in the front door.
Non cat two yrs old.

So what temp do you try to run at the door?Thanks

I believ the manual states to run between 450 and 550, but I cant remember. It has been quite a few months since she has been fired up.

Yeah, hooks is correct. The side door is the best place to get an accurate reading of the stove body temp. I'm not sure the manual says anything about the temps, other than those that pertain to the cat. combustor thermometer, but 450-550 seems very reasonable to me.

I did not see anything in the manual about running temps either and when I asked the retailer about temps he told me put a magnetic temp gauge on the stove pipe 16" to 18" above the top of the stove and run at 500 to 600.Sound right or does that seem like it would be to hot.
Just based on what I have read recently on this forum that probably would be alittle on the hot side.
Thanks Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.