laser saw chain sharpener

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

oaksmoke2

Feb 5, 2007
albuquerque, nm
Hello wood people, I bought a laser brand chain sharpener model 47227 to grind my chains when the file won't quite git er done.
Does anyone have any experience with this grinder? Where is it made? Is it of decent quality? Please tell me it's not made in china. BTW I paid 138.00 bucks for it new. Any feed back is kindly appreciated.

Thanks, Oaksmoke

It looks like it's a Tecomec clone. Tecomec makes a bunch of sharpeners and they are sold under different brand names. This is a 510A style and is most likely made in Italy.

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200327449_200327449

My Oregon 511AX actually had a slip of paper in the bottom of the carton saying Tecomec.

BTW, you bought a decent one. Take it easy and "kiss the cutter" taking care not to heat it up and turn it blue.

Look familiar?

25s7h3m.jpg

2jaky9j.jpg

I am still betting it is made by Tecomec regardless of who distributed it.

I too have just got a new Lazer 47227, mine is black, and sticker on it states Made in China. I bought it at TSC Stores, reg price was $189.99. I got it on sale for $89.99. At TCS the Laser replaces the Timber Tuff, they all appear to be Oregon knokoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.