Lazy Dog Day

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

northwinds

Minister of Fire
Jul 9, 2006
south central WI
I came in from felling and bucking up a big standing dead poplar tree and found our two dogs camped out by the Isle Royale. Our twelve year old Cairn terrier has had quite an adjustment this year with the arrival of my son's service dog, a young golden doodle with lots of energy. They seem to have sorted things out today.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    70.5 KB · Views: 172
;lolSome days when I see the dogs sitting around, or laying around, I have to think about what I am doing for them and what they are doing for me. o_O

;lolSome days when I see the dogs sitting around, or laying around, I have to think about what I am doing for them and what they are doing for me. o_O

In the big dog's case, he does quite a bit for my disabled son. Elvis picks up items off the floor, opens drawers, turns lights on and off, runs and gets help if my son falls down and can't get back up. The small, old dog sleeps a lot and gets up from his naps to eat or go outside.

Notice how the dogs have a way of working out their differences when a new face is introduced. Always seems to work out in the end. Humans should pay more attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.