least noxious 2cycle lube?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The discussion of AvGas is interesting.

These last few noxious batches of fuel mix have been standard consumer road gasoline, mid-grade octane + 2 cycle lube.

Last season I was running Avgas LL100.

I am skeptical that it would be just that, as prior to last season, I'd never run AvGas, and never had this noxious effect going on, but then again, from what I am told, the formulations of road gasoline just keep getting more weirdly complex (and not just with ethanol)...

smokinjay said:
Bigg_Redd said:
The only thing I can think of is that one is the slow pump (about twice as fast as s regular gas pump) and one is a fast pump (super fast). They're the same price at my local air port.

5 gallons I will take the slow pump..lol

I think the slow pump is 10GPM. It's shocking how quickly a 5 gallon can fills up.

Bigg_Redd said:
smokinjay said:
Bigg_Redd said:
The only thing I can think of is that one is the slow pump (about twice as fast as s regular gas pump) and one is a fast pump (super fast). They're the same price at my local air port.

I think the slow pump is 10GPM. It's shocking how quickly a 5 gallon can fills up.

30 sec's 30 bucks! Bet your filling the can a little more offend now? 044 is the same ball park as my 460 and it a drinker.... :cheese: (lots of wood though)

When I do work regular I can go through 5 gallons of gas and a gallon of bar oil in a week EASY!!! All of the saws are heavy drinkers if Iuse them... :lol:

RNLA said:
When I do work regular I can go through 5 gallons of gas and a gallon of bar oil in a week EASY!!! All of the saws are heavy drinkers if Iuse them... :lol:

My 880 42oz a tank you better bring the big can to make it through a day. :cheese:

smokinjay said:
Bigg_Redd said:
smokinjay said:
Bigg_Redd said:

30 sec's 30 bucks! Bet your filling the can a little more offend now? 044 is the same ball park as my 460 and it a drinker.... :cheese: (lots of wood though)

30 seconds = $27.50

I've cut just shy of 4 cord and have run through about 5 tanks of fuel.

Status
Not open for further replies.