Want feedback on 2-cycle 100:1 oils like Amsoil Saber and opti-2

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I grew up in the oil business so I won't name brands as everyone has there one. I have been running synthetic two cycle oil my saw's for thirty plus years. I have always mixed at 40:1 and never have burned a saw up. We do most of our sawing in the heat of the summer as that's when I have time to do it. After ever saw session the bar comes off and air filter off and the saw is blown off with compressed air. I keep my saws clean. They get blown off a little before the caps come off for fuel and oil when we are sawing.

Reactions: sloeffle
Not denying Stihl Ultra may be lower quality but just my experience here. I've ran Ultra for about 14years now in law care and homeowner. Trimmers (All brands all sizes, redmax Stihl Husqvarna, echo etc) , blowers( mostly 4mix) saws(you name it) and have never had one failure with ultra. Now that being said I do get clogged up exhaust screens occasionally. I mostly mix ultra at about 45:1. Did lose a engine on a Stihl 55 trimmer, but it was never ment to run commercial in my opinion and I don't think I was using ultra at that point.