Ledgestone installation

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Yavne

Dec 23, 2019
Nova Scotia
Hello guys,

I'm moving to last part of my project (before the wood stove installation), install ledgestone in the corner behind the wood stove. I've watched a lot of videos, read articles, but everyone shows a bit different approach. Hope to hear your experience, how to do it, what can be done better.

I'm going to install Ledgestone (6x24”) up to 60” height from the floor. It will be installed on cement board.

1. can I install everything in one day? Or 30” hight on first day, and another 30” day after?

2. in some video I saw the guy installed metal support about 40” from the floor, to support the higher stones. Does it really required?

3. should I go with mortar light, or standard one will be fine? Any recommendations?

Thank you