Lennox T300P/Replaced igniter/Stove won't run

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.

[email protected]

Dec 23, 2011
MA
Hello:

I own a Lennox Traditions T300P pellet stove (approx 6 years old). I recently replaced the original igniter which had failed with a Kwik-Fire PP3500. In order to reach the igniter, I unplugged the connectors from the control board, removed the auger motor and the auger end-plate.

I replaced the igniter and put everything back together. Then, I plugged in the stove, turned on the thermostat, and turned on the stove with the ON/OFF START button. The green light came on solid.

At this point I expected to hear the fans power up. The fans did not start nor did the auger or the igniter start.

The lights on the control board lit up when I plugged in the stove and the lights changed state as expected when I operate the control buttons.

I checked the fuse on the control board. Good.

I checked the inline fuse for the igniter. Good.

At this point, rather than flail around and make things worse, I thought to seek help from knowledgeable stove people.

I'm stumped. Does anyone have any recommendations on how to proceed?

Status
Not open for further replies.