Lignetics , green lettering bags.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MCPO

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
I thought the ones with blue lettering were lousy 2 yrs ago, lots of ash and dusty. This yr they have the ones with green lettering so based on the recommendation of a friend who used them and said they are much better than the blue ones so I bought 4 tons , delivered today and I got em all stacked in the rear garage.
$249 a ton delivered.

OK, Here`s the proof. I had to move them (4 tons) from the driveway 40 ft to stack em in a corner in the rear garage plus move 1/2 ton of heartlands out of the way and back on top . I did this in less than 4 hrs too. I put 8 bags at a time on the little red wagon (pictured) and wheeled em 40 ft. into the garage Not bad for a 70 yr old huh?
Look close (I know it`s a mess right now) and you`ll see my 25 PDVC in the garage.

http://www.pbase.com/johnd1/image/143982253/original

I think the Green lettered Ligs are a good pellet. I paid a little under $200 a ton last year.

They are not the hottest out there. But seem to be a consistent pellet, that always makes better than average heat. IMO. Much better than Blue Labels anyways. But there Presto Logs are still a little hotter. Or at least the batch I bought last year. And there supposed to be there Box store/cheap pellet.

Congrats on the purchase. That Harman should chew up anything and that PDVC should be happy with them. Thats the exact pellet that Englander uses to test in there stoves at ESW.

Another great pellet made in the wonderful state of VIRGINIA. ::-)

posted your pic below...

143982253.iZZpTfyB.SAM_0004.JPG

Based on your photo i would say you need a bigger garage.LOL
I used the green bags a couple years ago and found them to be a decent pellet.

Based on your photo i would say you need a bigger garage.LOL
I used the green bags a couple years ago and found them to be a decent pellet.

It`s bigger than what you see. That`s just a corner. There`s also a motorcycle in there plus 16 ft of work bench and I can still get my van in , but there IS a lot of stuff in there .

PDVC in the corner needs more clearance to combustibles if you're using it!==c

Not being used til cold weather comes.
The vent is also too close to the window and the stove itself might be illegal in the garage.
That said, it`s my garage and I`m gonna do what I want in it. I had a wood stove in it for 25 yrs ,and I think the pellet stove is much safer.I also only burn it when I`m in the garage which is 50 ft from the house.
Far too much regulations these days and the gov`t assuming responsibility of the citizenship.

Reactions: ScotL
....This yr they have the ones with green lettering......

There are 2 different versions of the green-lettered bags. One is 100% hardwood, and the other is a hard/softwood blend (look at the front of the bag to see).

I burned both last winter, and besides having more ash than I'd like, they burned well and gave good heat....I actually thought the blend was a little better, heat-wise.

Based on our very limited sample burn size{Have only run less than half a ton since it was installed} The green liggies are a good pellet in our area,a very close 2nd to the Somersets we have tried so far.......We paid 213.00 a ton plus 50 dollar delivery of up to 3 tons{we got 2} A little dirtier on the glass than the Somersets,but the heat output is very close-{these are the 100% hardwood liggies,not the blend that imacman mentions above}........Planning on getting more Somersets {if DexterDay hasnt hoarded them all!!} If we can find some Presto-logs we want to try some of them as well.........

Dave

Reactions: DexterDay
There are 2 different versions of the green-lettered bags. One is 100% hardwood, and the other is a hard/softwood blend (look at the front of the bag to see).

I burned both last winter, and besides having more ash than I'd like, they burned well and gave good heat....I actually thought the blend was a little better, heat-wise.
The ones I have are made from hardwood. At $249 ,I was willing to take a chance since I was so wound up after my usual supplier quoted me $320 for the Heartlands .

The 100% hardwood Ligs are a good pellet, albeit with a little more ash than I'd like to see, but give good heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.