Holy cow or should I say holy LIME. In my previous posting about my sidearm that stopped working( https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/side-arm-stopped-working.102277/ ) I thought it was lime and a few of you pretty much confirmed this. Well I took it somewhat apart yesterday evening and into the night. Took a long time just to deal with the lime. I ended up taking a piece of really hard cumaru (tropical hardwood, decking) maybe about 1/4" square and few feet long, sharpening a point of sorts on the end and chucking that into my drill. After a long while I was able to 'drill' down thru all the lime. Then I switched over to a larger piece of this wood and continue cleaning it out. The came the task of flushing all this crap out down thru the drain valve. That was also harder than it should have been since the globe valve kept getting clogged. In the end I ended draining the whole 80 gal hotwater tank. If the hardware store was still open I would have gotten a ball valve to fix this issue for next time. And there will be a next time I know that, my hard water did not just go away. I installed a cross to replace a bronze tee at the top so now all I should have to do is drain the tank a few inches and then remove the plug I have in the cross and I'll have access with my 'wooden drillbit' Proud to say the sidearm heated 80 gals of cold well water up to nice and toasty overnight.