Liner and Cap Inspection with Pics?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MeLikeUmFire

Sep 17, 2009
Lapeer, Michigan
What do you think. There is no shiny blackness anywhere inside the liner. The black build up at the very top of the liner is where i ran some mil-pak. From the pic you can see where i flaked a little black stuff from inside the liner with my finger (whole inside of liner is in same condition) and the shiny liner is seen. When I look down the liner the sides are black and a little cob-webby. On the outside of the cap there is some black shinyness...should this be a concern? Thx for opinions

Attachments

• cap.jpg
    cap.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 275
  • ATT00001.jpg
    ATT00001.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 234
Looks like it needs cleaning. Sometime in June.

If you've been burning regularily since this last fall I'd say that looks normal, good cleaning come this spring and it'll be ready for the next heating season..

Status
Not open for further replies.