Liner and Damper question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I forget the company now but they sent me a free sample to try and get me to use them instead of olympia (has black and yellow tape on it) and i knew then i never wanted to use it lol
yeah we got that to the company was pretty shady to.

Random but have you tried the smartphone app "pitch gauge" ? its awesome when u need to know roof pitch for flashings or custom chase covers!
Nope no smart phone anyway I tried and broke to many to fast. I can eyeball the pitch good enough anyway.

yeah we got that to the company was pretty shady to.

Nope no smart phone anyway I tried and broke to many to fast. I can eyeball the pitch good enough anyway.
sometimes with custom flashings or 30" tall flanges on angled chase covers it needs to be exact. and i have a tough time with the level and tape measure method. in love with the app. i have a lifeproof case and only time i broke my phone it wasnt in the case

sometimes with custom flashings or 30" tall flanges on angled chase covers it needs to be exact.
Well I make all my own custom stuf so I just take all the measurments with tape measure and level. I trust mys elf that way better. As far as phones go I tried for a year and a half with smart phones in all kinds of cases and broke 3 of them. So I said no more and went back to a contractor flip phone.

Well I make all my own custom stuf so I just take all the measurments with tape measure and level. I trust mys elf that way better. As far as phones go I tried for a year and a half with smart phones in all kinds of cases and broke 3 of them. So I said no more and went back to a contractor flip phone.
you make your own chase covers?

nothing pisses me off more then engineers demanding 18 gauge cover when my 24 gauge soldered ss last a lifetime!

yeah not a big deal really.
i get mine quality and cheap so not worth it and i don't have a break or metal shop.
Do you solder the flanges?
I make mine as tall as pipes to eliminate storm collars so everything exposed is stainless
we hijacked this thread lol - nice talking to a fellow local sweep!

i get mine quality and cheap so not worth it and i don't have a break or metal shop.
Do you solder the flanges?
I make mine as tall as pipes to eliminate storm collars so everything exposed is stainless
we hijacked this thread lol - nice talking to a fellow local sweep!
Brake*

Yeah usually I do tack weld and caulk them sometimes to though.

That depends on the height.
If too tall i make a sleeve that slips over flange. then I always install stainless steel cap too so everything left exposed is ss

Status
Not open for further replies.