Lit it Up One Last Time

Simonkenton

Minister of Fire
Feb 27, 2014
Marshall NC
I thought we had our last fire two weeks ago. This is up in the North Carolina mountains.
But, this morning had a low of 45, I got up at 8 am and the girlfriend had the Oslo cranked up.
That just made my day, we love our Oslo.

Reactions: SpaceBus

kborndale

Burning Hunk
Oct 9, 2008
LI
I thought we had our last fire two weeks ago. This is up in the North Carolina mountains.
But, this morning had a low of 45, I got up at 8 am and the girlfriend had the Oslo cranked up.

Yeah, I have lit it up one last time 3 times already with this cold ass spring we have had!

Highbeam

Minister of Fire
Dec 28, 2006
Mt. Rainier Foothills, WA
It's only May guys, still plenty of need for heat. We burned last night and will likely burn most nights of May and into June before our 3 month break.

Reactions: SpaceBus

JotulOwner

Feeling the Heat
Oct 29, 2007
Long Island, New York
Yeah, I thought I was done burning for the season too. I removed the bed of ashes in the stove and started to get ready for Spring cleaning. But today .... back to burning. If it isn't nice outside, at least it is nice inside.

Reactions: Dix

Dix

Minister of Fire
May 27, 2008
Long Island, NY
Fired off the PE.

SpaceBus

Minister of Fire
Nov 18, 2018
Downeast Maine
Lots of folks still burning. Since this crap weather rolled in two nights ago the stove hasn't gone out. When the sun is out and temps are 55/45 we can burn one tiny fire every evening, if any.

RFarm

Oct 24, 2013
North Georgia Mountains
Have not had a fire since the second week of April. The heat from the last fire activated “swarmer termites” to emerge through a hairline crack in the concrete and congregate under my stove. Apparently they set up a colony under my slab and seem to be drawn to heat. We had the house treated yesterday, but will probably wait until fall before firing off again. Enjoy your fires guys.

Microduck17

Dec 21, 2017
New Concord Ohio
Planning on a small fire tonight so its not too chilly in the house in the morning. There are 15 or 20 sticks of firewood left in the wood box, I would rather burn it that carry it back out to the pile.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Dix

Minister of Fire
May 27, 2008
Long Island, NY
Planning on a small fire tonight so its not too chilly in the house in the morning. There are 15 or 20 sticks of firewood left in the wood box, I would rather burn it that carry it back out to the pile.

Once firewood comes into my house, it does not leave. Not doing that work twice ;)

Microduck17

Dec 21, 2017
New Concord Ohio
Once firewood comes into my house, it does not leave. Not doing that work twice ;)
Absolutly not. I left half a cord in my basement last summer on pallets. It was good and dry come fall but found lots of tiny ants in between the splits. So any leftovers have to go up the chimney.

Dix

Minister of Fire
May 27, 2008
Long Island, NY
Absolutly not. I left half a cord in my basement last summer on pallets. It was good and dry come fall but found lots of tiny ants in between the splits. So any leftovers have to go up the chimney.

To each his or her own.

Reactions: Microduck17