Simonkenton Posted By Simonkenton, May 14, 2019 at 10:38 AM

1. Simonkenton

Simonkenton
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Feb 27, 2014
    Loc:
    Marshall NC
    I thought we had our last fire two weeks ago. This is up in the North Carolina mountains.
    But, this morning had a low of 45, I got up at 8 am and the girlfriend had the Oslo cranked up.
    That just made my day, we love our Oslo.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    SpaceBus likes this.
  2. kborndale

kborndale
    Burning Hunk 2.
    NULL

Oct 9, 2008
    Loc:
    LI

Yeah, I have lit it up one last time 3 times already with this cold ass spring we have had!

3. Highbeam

Highbeam
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Dec 28, 2006
    Loc:
    Mt. Rainier Foothills, WA
    It's only May guys, still plenty of need for heat. We burned last night and will likely burn most nights of May and into June before our 3 month break.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    SpaceBus likes this.
  4. JotulOwner

JotulOwner
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Oct 29, 2007
    Loc:
    Long Island, New York
    Yeah, I thought I was done burning for the season too. I removed the bed of ashes in the stove and started to get ready for Spring cleaning. But today .... back to burning. If it isn't nice outside, at least it is nice inside.

Dix likes this.
  5. Dix

Dix
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

May 27, 2008
    Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    Fired off the PE.

6. SpaceBus

SpaceBus
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Nov 18, 2018
    Loc:
    Downeast Maine
    Lots of folks still burning. Since this crap weather rolled in two nights ago the stove hasn't gone out. When the sun is out and temps are 55/45 we can burn one tiny fire every evening, if any.

7. RFarm

RFarm
    Member 2.
    NULL

Oct 24, 2013
    Loc:
    North Georgia Mountains
    Have not had a fire since the second week of April. The heat from the last fire activated “swarmer termites” to emerge through a hairline crack in the concrete and congregate under my stove. Apparently they set up a colony under my slab and seem to be drawn to heat. We had the house treated yesterday, but will probably wait until fall before firing off again. Enjoy your fires guys.

8. Microduck17

Microduck17
    Member 2.
    NULL

Dec 21, 2017
    Loc:
    New Concord Ohio
    Planning on a small fire tonight so its not too chilly in the house in the morning. There are 15 or 20 sticks of firewood left in the wood box, I would rather burn it that carry it back out to the pile.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

9. Dix

Dix
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

May 27, 2008
    Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    Once firewood comes into my house, it does not leave. Not doing that work twice ;)

Chuck the Canuck and SpaceBus like this.
  10. Microduck17

Microduck17
    Member 2.
    NULL

Dec 21, 2017
    Loc:
    New Concord Ohio
    Absolutly not. I left half a cord in my basement last summer on pallets. It was good and dry come fall but found lots of tiny ants in between the splits. So any leftovers have to go up the chimney.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

11. Dix

Dix
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

May 27, 2008
    Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    To each his or her own.

Microduck17 likes this.