Lit it Up One Last Time

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Simonkenton

Minister of Fire
Feb 27, 2014
Marshall NC
I thought we had our last fire two weeks ago. This is up in the North Carolina mountains.
But, this morning had a low of 45, I got up at 8 am and the girlfriend had the Oslo cranked up.
That just made my day, we love our Oslo.

Reactions: SpaceBus
I thought we had our last fire two weeks ago. This is up in the North Carolina mountains.
But, this morning had a low of 45, I got up at 8 am and the girlfriend had the Oslo cranked up.

Yeah, I have lit it up one last time 3 times already with this cold ass spring we have had!

It's only May guys, still plenty of need for heat. We burned last night and will likely burn most nights of May and into June before our 3 month break.

Reactions: SpaceBus

Yeah, I thought I was done burning for the season too. I removed the bed of ashes in the stove and started to get ready for Spring cleaning. But today .... back to burning. If it isn't nice outside, at least it is nice inside.

Reactions: Dix
Fired off the PE.

Lots of folks still burning. Since this crap weather rolled in two nights ago the stove hasn't gone out. When the sun is out and temps are 55/45 we can burn one tiny fire every evening, if any.

Have not had a fire since the second week of April. The heat from the last fire activated “swarmer termites” to emerge through a hairline crack in the concrete and congregate under my stove. Apparently they set up a colony under my slab and seem to be drawn to heat. We had the house treated yesterday, but will probably wait until fall before firing off again. Enjoy your fires guys.

Planning on a small fire tonight so its not too chilly in the house in the morning. There are 15 or 20 sticks of firewood left in the wood box, I would rather burn it that carry it back out to the pile.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Planning on a small fire tonight so its not too chilly in the house in the morning. There are 15 or 20 sticks of firewood left in the wood box, I would rather burn it that carry it back out to the pile.

Once firewood comes into my house, it does not leave. Not doing that work twice ;)

Once firewood comes into my house, it does not leave. Not doing that work twice ;)
Absolutly not. I left half a cord in my basement last summer on pallets. It was good and dry come fall but found lots of tiny ants in between the splits. So any leftovers have to go up the chimney.

Absolutly not. I left half a cord in my basement last summer on pallets. It was good and dry come fall but found lots of tiny ants in between the splits. So any leftovers have to go up the chimney.

To each his or her own.

Reactions: Microduck17