Little red that could.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

duramaxman05

Minister of Fire
Aug 17, 2014
Perryville, Mo
The old 2172 jonsered did good. Its running a 24" bar. This sycamore tree is 58" across on the butt end.

20220303_163659.jpg

Wow! Big wood

Reactions: duramaxman05
I dont know if you have noticed, but you have really long legs.

24'' bar looks like a toothpick, comparatively.
Nice saw. If I'm not mistaken that is a 72cc saw?

The old 2172 jonsered did good. Its running a 24" bar. This sycamore tree is 58" across on the butt end.

View attachment 293022
I take it a larger saw made the drop...or the tree is punky in the middle allowing it to fall despite not being cut through?

24'' bar looks like a toothpick, comparatively.
Nice saw. If I'm not mistaken that is a 72cc saw?
Yes it's a 72cc. It's the red version of a husqvarna 372xp

Reactions: all night moe
I take it a larger saw made the drop...or the tree is punky in the middle allowing it to fall despite not being cut through?
I think they used a bigger saw with a bigger bar. It's is definitely solid all the way through. I had to jump up on top of it and started cutting. I had some good pile of saw dust. I figured up the weight of it and with the average size and the length, it was close to 7000lbs. That's a 8ft long. It was actually 8ft 6in. They couldn't get it loaded on the log truck with the knuckle boom.

thats funny, i recently sold a jonsered m361 to someone in Lonedell.