Log burner handle sticking / seizing up?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Andyjp1

Nov 24, 2021
Wolverhampton
Hello all,

Thanks for opening my thread.

I’ve a Woodwarm m106 stove and have had it for around two years now.
A couple of nights ago when using the stove and wanting to add more fuel, the door handle got considerably harder to turn to open the door compared to before to a stage where when opening and closing with that much force made the burner move slightly!
I got an Allen key on the inside where the handle appears to be attached to loosen slightly and re tighten a little. The handle seemed to ease off on the pressure required to open it but since putting the fire on tonight again, it’s got harder to open.

Can anybody advise?

Thanks
Andy

Hello all,

Thanks for opening my thread.

I’ve a Woodwarm m106 stove and have had it for around two years now.
A couple of nights ago when using the stove and wanting to add more fuel, the door handle got considerably harder to turn to open the door compared to before to a stage where when opening and closing with that much force made the burner move slightly!
I got an Allen key on the inside where the handle appears to be attached to loosen slightly and re tighten a little. The handle seemed to ease off on the pressure required to open it but since putting the fire on tonight again, it’s got harder to open.

Can anybody advise?

Thanks
Andy
07A71E57-0D33-46C8-8D4F-9EEBDB55C539.jpeg

Handle adjustments can be a little tricky. Just a little can make a big difference. The stove body and door may also be expanding very slightly when hot. If the handle it not too tight and works well when the stove is cold then the new adjustment could be close.

Sometimes the handle shaft needs lubrication with graphite or never-seize. Does the handle move very freely when the door is open or is it a bit sticky compared to when it was new?

Handle adjustments can be a little tricky. Just a little can make a big difference. The stove body and door may also be expanding very slightly when hot. If the handle it not too tight and works well when the stove is cold then the new adjustment could be close.

Sometimes the handle shaft needs lubrication with graphite or never-seize. Does the handle move very freely when the door is open or is it a bit sticky compared to when it was new?
Hello, I’ll give the never seize a go, how and where would this be applied ?
Or what’s graphite ? A powder to apply?
Handle doesn’t move freely when door is open at the moment, it used too until this week.