Log Length full load green cost? Maine

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
woodmiser said:
I call the local tree services. They drop off all I can handle for free.

I doubt you'll see much of that action up here . . . way too many folks burn wood up here in Maine . . . from what I've seen of the tree services in my area they typically leave the wood with the home owner who either burns wood or knows someone who burns wood . . . or the tree service burns wood themselves.

Thanks.

My eyes went crossed there on the math.. but I followed it.

I'm running a blend in the furnace. It works a bit hotter than just B100. It's about 65 to 70% Bio.

Figure I'm close on the 7 cord figure. I'll keep cutting. Boiler won't be in till June or so anyway. I'll make the decision before thaw out.. so they will still be cutting and can deliver a whole load.

JP

Status
Not open for further replies.