log splitter/ made an adaptor for splitting stringy wood

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bill2500hd

Sep 28, 2013
elmira ny
Hi ,my name is bill, IM new to the web site, nice web site, nice people, good reading. I'd like to share an adaptor I made for splitting stringy wood. This is the second one, made heaver than the first. The blade of the ram goes through the wood easier to separate. I don't' use it when the splitter is vertical or a lot of knots in the wood. Hope the picture comes up.

Attachments

• splitter 2013 002.JPG
    splitter 2013 002.JPG
    190.3 KB · Views: 752
  • splitter 2013 002.JPG
    splitter 2013 002.JPG
    190.3 KB · Views: 411
Reactions: CageMaster
Great idea. Cleaver. Welcome to the forum Bill.

Welcome to the forum Bill. Please let us know how it works.

Can you send an action shot photo. I'd like to see it with the wood in there. Thank you

I am just curious if the wood gets wedged in there. Looks like a great design I may copy. No video needed

Nice idea.
What wood type was it designed for?
Is it fixed in place or removable?

Looks like another good use of a RR tie plate! I made something similar for green Yellow Birch.

Status
Not open for further replies.