• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Here is my little 5 ton electric splitter.
Got it on CL for $65 bucks.:cool:
Needed some TlC but I was able to get it working.
For it's size it works very well, splits most of the rounds I have.
View attachment 196368 View attachment 196369

Nothing wrong with that. That's a nice one. I thought about an electric one but sometimes where I split it's just too far from the house. Sometimes I wonder if I should get one of those so that I can split in my garage and avoid all the noxious fumes.

Reactions: Lloyd the redneck
No but I have a little pin in the hitch I can tilt it up so the plate touches the ground so the stuff to heavy to lift can roll on. Normally I have a couple helpers so we man handle it. I'm working on building another one , that works off the quick tatch on the skidsteer and has a log lift and a hand valve. So then I can set the hydros in constant and just get er done by myself. My cousin wants that splitter back next year so I'll have to have it done by then. Should be pretty darn slick when I have it done

Reactions: VirginiaIron
Sachs-Dolmar. Old(er) but an excellent barn find. 20+ ton.

Attachments

• Splitter.jpeg
    Splitter.jpeg
    303 KB · Views: 410
Reactions: VirginiaIron
Here is my Husky 22 ton that I picked up from Craigslist, I managed to buy it for $750, it was used maybe 1 year. View attachment 196650

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
There is so much equipment in that photograph I thought I was looking at a farm show. Nice stuff!

Reactions: NickDL
Oh, my. Looks like you have an economy tractor in that photo. Is that a power king? We had one of those, 1971 model with two transmissions, a loader, and many additional attachments. That's a nice tractor. What kind a log splitter do you have?

Oh, my. Looks like you have an economy tractor in that photo. Is that a power king? We had one of those, 1971 model with two transmissions, a loader, and many additional attachments. That's a nice tractor. What kind a log splitter do you have?
Good eye. I have a '69 PK and a '67 Jim Dandy. The splitter is an Iron&Oak.
DSC02215.JPG JimDandy04162004 001.jpg

I wish you would tell my gut that!
Lol, I guess that you need a shorter round to maximize the abdomen crunch in your swing ;)

Very nice! Looks like a barn crusher, lol.

I'd like to see that thing in action.

Sachs-Dolmar. Old(er) but an excellent barn find. 20+ ton.
I believe that's the model I used to sometimes use as a kid, when three generations of my family would get together a few times each year to harvest wood for our assortment of fireplaces (many old houses). I thought it was just about the coolest thing on earth, back then.