look inside my BUCK 91

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

trx680

Sep 27, 2011
Petersburg Virginia
I'm finally getting my used Buck 91 ready....after putting it off for 7 months.

I took some pics of the inside. I have to replace the cotter pins on the back of the plate, as you can see the back is sagging.

The plate is warped but I would imagine that is common?????

What about the catalytic combustor? I've never seen one before so I'm not sure if its looking normal or ....

thanks!!

im not seeing the pics

yea, guess that would help..lol
ATT_1443996110491_20151004_175942_zpsytahw6y8.jpg 20151004_175330_zpshbc8a8og.jpg 20151004_175916_zpsri7ayb3u.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Did the back not have washers & Pins?? That's why its sagging..... However, I have only had a few small fires in mine and it looks like the back of that baffle is warped... could be discoloration, i'll have to check....does yours have fire brick???

Did the back not have washers & Pins?? That's why its sagging..... However, I have only had a few small fires in mine and it looks like the back of that baffle is warped... could be discoloration, i'll have to check....does yours have fire brick???

No washers. The front had pins as seen. The back baffle somehow fell past the pins, but the pins where there. I'll get new pins and washers.
Firebrick----yes. I'll vacuum it out tomorrow and take a pic

Status
Not open for further replies.