Look what I found

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of poplar in that stack . . . but it's free and honestly burning poplar can keep you just as warm as any other wood -- you just may have to reload more often. Poplar is actually one of the woods I often use during the shoulder seasons.

Lots of poplar in that stack . . . but it's free and honestly burning poplar can keep you just as warm as any other wood -- you just may have to reload more often. Poplar is actually one of the woods I often use during the shoulder seasons.

Lots more poplar to come also, and yes if seasoned properly it will do just fine for keeping the chill off to minus 30 outside, as for loading more often that is why i am stocking up a lil more poplar, now the wife is working in the community she will be able to load the stove at lunch time and again about two hours earlier than we normally could when we were commuting to work together.

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
Status
Not open for further replies.