Looking for new or used pellet stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Locknut

Dec 6, 2019
Pasco WA
We are on our second used pellet stove for a 30x40 shop that is not insulated very well. Currently running a Pelpro pellet stove but it’s not putting out enough BTUs to keep the shop above 50 degrees. We are in SE Washington so we do get some periods in the winter down in the teens.
I need a stove with high BTU output! There seems to be quite a few used Whitfield stoves around our area but finding information on them is difficult because the sellers don’t really know what they have.
What used stove should I look for?
I may just end up buying a new one so what’s everyone’s recommendation for a high BTU stove?

Enviro MAXX & insulate

Reactions: johneh
1. Insulate.
2. Harman P68.

#1 is your friend. If the building loses heat as fast as it is created, you are in a no-win situation and unless you put in a jet engine (or a plasma core) to heat it. Even if a large-azz stove manages to get it warmer in there, it will be chowing down on the pellets.
#2 is definitely made to pump out some BTU's.

See this thread for my suggestion:

I'll second the Enviro Maxx
That puppy can pump out a load of heat
For sure Insulate

:rolleyes:==c

I can send ya more customers :)

For what your going to spend on a new stove you could insulate or at least make a big dent in it... Even just putting up Polly will give you some heat retention and stop the incomming drafts

Used Harman auto ignition stove is better than a new box store stove.

Used Harman auto ignition stove is better than a new box store stove.
Like I've always said "opinions are like A-holes every one has one"
Thank you for yours

Reactions: rickwai